This weekend, I took a fun trip to Trader Joe’s with my friend Leslie for some “staples.” Our closest TJ’s is about 35-40 minutes away so I don’t get there very often, so when I do get there, I try to stock up on some non-perishables to last me awhile.
Here’s what was in my bag(s)…
What I always stock up on:
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (3)
- Raw, creamy, unsalted almond butter (2)
- Maple Agave Syrup Blend (2) — I love this stuff on my pancakes & two ingredient Paleo pancake!
- Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette (2)
- Country Choice Multi Grain Cereal (perfect for making )
- Turkey Bacon (2 — I freeze one)
- Shaved parmesan, asiago, and romano blend (I typically keep this in my freezer and it’ll last me about a month.)
- Almond flour (Cheapest I’ve ever found!)
What I threw in my cart this time:
- Sweet potatoes
- Fresh salsa mild
- Black Bean Quinoa Chips — Yes, these are already open. Enough said.
- Coconut milk (I want to make more of my coconut shrimp quinoa next week!)
- Not pictured: unsalted, roasted peanuts; brussel sprouts; celery; multigrain rustic bread; raisins
Other favorites from Trader Joe’s:
- Spinach Tortellini
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Grilled asparagus (frozen)
- Corn (frozen)
- Reduced-guilt greek yogurt guacamole (I LOVE this stuff!)
I love Trader Joe’s quality of food…and pricing! I have yet to find nuts (especially roasted & unsalted), almond flour, almond butter, or bananas cheaper anywhere else.
Do you shop at Trader Joe’s? What are your favorite staples and must-haves?