So, today’s post was going to focus on yesterday’s quick and dirty tabata workout that left me laying on the floor and sore as can be, even though it was only fifteen minutes long. Now, don’t worry — I’ll get you that kick-butt workout later this week, but first, I have to share this one-of-a-kind recipe with you…
Today’s recipe is a collaboration (or more accurately, a solo show!) with my husband! He doesn’t cook or bake often, but when he does, you better bet it’s delicious! He is always coming up with “concoctions” and today’s was bacon-stuffed cheeseburgers.
He typically wouldn’t touch half of the healthy recipes I make, but I promised him I would feature his concoction…and provide a few ways to level it, of course!
Step one: Take about three quarters of a pound of ground meat (we used 92% lean) and divide it into four even patties.
Step two: Season liberally with salt, pepper, and your favorite grilling blend. (We used a mesquite grilling seasoning blend from McCormick.)
Step three: Take one slice of bacon and chop into small pieces. Lay on top of two of your patties.
Step four: Lay a piece of cheese on top of the bacon. Place second patty on top and press together.
Step five: Place on grill, and let it do its thing! (Yes, we have a little George Foreman…I imagine this is even better on an actual grill!)
Step 6: Put it on a roll, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
- 3/4 lb. of ground meat (We used 92% lean.)
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked
- 2 slices of cheese (We used Sargento Ultra Thin Cheddar.)
- Salt & pepper
- Mesquite grill seasoning
- Divide your meat into four even patties, and season liberally with salt, pepper, and seasoning of your choice.
- On two of your patties, add one slice of cooked bacon, chopped.
- Lay a slice of cheese on top of your bacon patties. Place second patty on top and press together.
- Place patties on a pre-heated grill, and cook until cheese is melted and meat is well-done.
How to level up this recipe:
- Simple! Swap ground hamburger for ground turkey and use turkey bacon (I like TJ’s nitrate-free) instead of regular bacon.
- Instead of bacon, stuff your turkey patty with mozzarella cheese, a slice of tomato, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Mmm! You could also stuff it with a slice of avocado, red onion, and some cheese.
How to level down this recipe:
- I don’t think there’s many ways to level “down” bacon and burgers!
I’ll see you guys later this week with my quick ‘n’ dirty tabata workout and, of course, What I Ate Wednesday!