It’s Wednesday, which means it’s time for and a short break from all my marathon talk!
This week’s eats come from Monday, the day after my marathon. Normally after long runs I’m absolutely ravenous, which didn’t seem the case on Monday…however, I still got in lots of recovery carbs and protein (and some treats!) to celebrate the end of my journey to 26.2!
I started the day off with “Apple Pie Oats”…
Apple Pie Oats
- 1/2 c. oats
- 2/3 c. liquid (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk; you can use a combo of milk + water if you’d like)
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 small apple, chopped (I kept the skin on, but that’s optional.)
- In a small saucepan, combine oats and liquid over medium-high heat. Stir regularly.
- Once the liquid begins to be absorbed, add in your egg white and apples and cook for about a minute or until egg is cooked throughout.
- Stir in your tablespoon of flaxseed and mix well. Remove from heat and serve — preferably with a big ol’ scoop of nut butter!
After breakfast, I had a pretty busy day so I snapped my eats on the go!
Morning snack: Baby carrots
Lunch: One large sweet potato with sauteed peppers, corn, and black beans served with fresh pico de gallo and unpictured TJ’s quinoa lentil chips
Afternoon snack: I had an Apple CHO all ready to go, but when someone came back with half price Starbucks fraps for the office, I couldn’t resist! I had a Mocha Cookie Crumble and it. was. phenomenal. (Almost cherry shaved ice status!)
Dinner: 1/2 c. whole wheat angel hair pasta with shrimp sauteed in 1/2 tbsp. butter + 1/4 tsp. garlic + steamed broccoli + balsamic vinegar
Evening snacks: A small homemade granola square sent from my mother-in-law (amazing!) and part of the fruit from an Edible Arrangement I received as a congrats on my marathon! (Dollop of plain 0% CHO on the side)
Unpictured: Lots of water! In retrospect, I should have had some Gatorade as well to replenish the electrolytes, as I was feeling pretty sloggish still on Tuesday morning!
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten this week?